Friday, September 2, 2011

Success!

A little but significant blessing this morning!

Fridays are our crazy homeschooling days.  The boys and I are learning flexibility and a great benefit to homeschooling.  We usually head into town between 9:30-10:30 on Friday mornings so we usually start schooling immediately upon waking (Isaac began at 7:30am today).  We'll get what we can done, go into town and then finish anything leftover in the afternoon.  This morning as I'm multi-tasking and doing 101 things in between teaching Isaac lessons I see that he has a reference book on space sitting on the table.  He had just finished a creative writing piece that was about taking a trip to space.  I asked him if needed to get some information for his story and he said, "Yes, I wanted to put the planet names in my story and here they are...."

This was HUGE!!  For the last 4 weeks he has come to me wanting me to spoon feed him every answer he cannot figure out.  Today he did not ask me but applied some skills I've been teaching him.  Problem solving skills are a huge part of our homeschool and it finally sunk it...even if just for one morning...I'll take it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment