Friday, September 23, 2011

In My Life This Week

I saw this on another blog and thought I'd steal it.  Not sure if I'll stick to it but I'll try it today.

In My Life This Week....
I was busy but home a lot.  I know, sounds crazy.  I was gone 3 nights this week because I decided to re-work my business schedule and create a heavy week once a month with 3 light weeks.  This was my heavy week. I'll need to keep trying it to see if I like it.  Not sure yet.  All I know is that I need to be more prepared for this with meals planned ahead.  I need to spend lots of time with hubby the weekend before because we literally didn't seem much of each other this week.

In Our Homeschool This Week....
We broke out of the norm and took a field trip to see a play in our small town of Warren at the Pulse Opera House.  I LOVED it!  It meant we broke out of our normal routine for some fun but still got a few core subjects in for the day.  This is what homeschooling is all about...the variety.  Now, I just need to plan some more in.

Helpful Homeschooling Tips or Advice to Share...
I'm still learning but learned from a mentor this week to relax and not take it so seriously.

Places We are Going and People We are Seeing...
Last weekend we went to the Johnny Appleseed Festival for the first time.  It was fun but insanely busy.  We used it as a field trip experience for the boys but next year Jeff and I will leave the boys at home and enjoy it ourselves.

Saw Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory at the Pulse Opera House this week.

A friend stopped by for an unexpected visit.  She didn't stay long but I enjoyed it still.

My Favorite Thing This Week Was...
Honestly....surviving it!  I love that today is Friday and I could read a little, take a nap and mess around on my laptop while sitting in bed this afternoon.

Questions/Thoughts I have...
Pondering friendship on a pretty deep level while reading the book Friendship for Grown-ups by Lisa Whelchel.  Learning so much!

Do I really want to continue using Facebook with all the new changes?  It seems that privacy settings have changed and more content is public.  Plus I spend way too much time reading it just to avoid doing the things I should do but don't want to.  Do you have anything you mindlessly do to avoid doing what you need to do?  

I'm Grateful for....  
2 important conversations I had this week....one to reconcile with a friend that I had lost touch with the last year and one with a mentor that helped me see the big picture of my life and told me to relax a bit.  She also told me to take care of me by doing things I enjoyed at least twice a month.  For me that would be spa days, coffee dates with friends, dates with hubby, shopping trips with friends....the list can go on but I hope to add these things in as I can on a regular basis.  What do you enjoy doing to take care of you?

I exercised every day this week and feeling no worse than before (which every program I use creates more intense headaches from sore muscles or causing my knee or ankle to hurt...I know, I'm getting old!)

Books I'm Reading...
Success Is Not An Accident by Tommy Newberry
The boys and I are reading My Father's Dragon.  It's part of our history curriculum.

My Dumb Moment....
Sure hope I don't have to use this all the time but thought I'd share my silly moments for you to laugh at or empathize with me.  Today my massage therapist called at 10:45am and asked if I remembered my appointment today.  In my datebook it said 10:10 but in my head I though 12:20.  Seriously!?!  Am I really that out of it this week?  Needless to say my Friday changed and I have to wait another week to get in to see her.  I was so looking forward to that too!

My hope is to get better about documenting with pictures and posting them too!  Maybe I'll try this again next Friday.  It sure was fun to write!  I may even switch the headings around a bit for a variety!  Hope you enjoy reading.

1 comment:

  1. I like this new 'theme' :) I want to have themed regular posts too - but don't know what they should be!
    Your dumb moment is not as bad as when I thought our MomLife retreat was from Mon eve - Tues eve only to find out Mon morning it was from Tues eve - Wed eve...and I had to switch around work and childcare!

    ReplyDelete