I've had one of those weeks that the Lord keeps speaking the same thing to me. Ever had one of those weeks where you cannot deny the Holy Spirit's message to you? Let me share mine with you....
I cannot figure myself out. I carry burdens....ALL THE TIME! Yes, it's that bad to capitalize it. Here're my burdens that can run through my head on a full time basis....
Safety of my husband and children
Signs of the End Times - what does that mean for us? How do we prepare for something so beyond our understanding?
Threat of an economy that could collapse at any time. Are we prepared with a plan B?
Will I be persecuted for my faith?
Can I truly withstand the Lord's plan for my life even if it's not what I would choose?
Do I TRULY love the Lord? John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me....
Do I love the Lord because of blessings or because of who He is?
Am I teaching my children enough?
How do I live my life as the Lord has called without offending others?
So many questions I cannot answer. I want to reason my way through scripture and there are just times I have to stand back and say, "Lord, I don't understand....."
On Sunday we closed with this song....
I asked the Lord to take it. I'm so tired of it all. I'm tired of worrying about things that are completely out of my control. I know He never intended for me to carry this all. These are lies of the enemy that I allow to take over.
A few days later Kaleb and I were snuggling in the rocking chair listening to his action Bible story CD about Job. This simple quote from the story spoke in a way for children to understand...God to Job, "Your place is simply to trust me." That's it. Period. Trust.
Later that afternoon I heard this song. Now, I've heard this song several times and even hum to it throughout the day but the words struck me to my core this particular afternoon.
What has the Lord spoken to you lately?
No comments:
Post a Comment