I want to share this morning's devotion with you today. You can click on the link to read it.
I am a thinker. I want to reason everything out yet many times I feel so confused. This devotion really hits home. I have to share that I reasoned my way out of homeschooling my kids for 2 years. Even while we were deciding I felt confused and frustration until I prayed this prayer..."Lord, increase my desire to do this if it is your desire for me to do it; if not, decrease it." As soon as I prayed this everything became clearer each day. I was moving towards discernment and away from confusion. I know more than anything this is where the Lord desires us to be. Do I love it? No. Do I have terrible, frustrating days? Yes. Do I have perfect peace? Yes. I know that my desire and abilities during this season of my life will come. I know the Lord will equip me and somehow I just know he's going to put another mother experiencing the same thing in my life at some point down the road and the wisdom to encourage her with as well.
Isn't all we do a journey? When I start out on a new one, there's so much excitment but I soon realize that anything that is the Lord's work will have obstacles. We have an enemy out to destroy us and the Lord's work. Are you feeling confused? Is there something in your life you need to submit to the Holy Spirit...little or big? I can honestly say not everything in my life is submitted to the Holy Spirit so there's so much more work to do and I'm thankful for women in my life that can help me along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment