As I'm thinking through this, I realize that I want to share 3 parts...so bear with me. In this part of simplifying my life I want to focus on the stuff that has accumulated. I hate clutter yet it still collects in my house. So I'm on a mission to go through every single room and closet of my home to purge! While this will take a long time, I think my husband is on board with me so I'll get to have his help. Once this happens I want to do some re-decorating and updating to my house. However, I can't think straight until stuff I don't like leaves. Here's my general plan...
Kitchen - go through my cluttered drawers and cupboards to rid of those items I don't ever use. I'm sure I have duplicates accumulating. I hate it that I have a hard time shutting one drawer in particular. My tupperware/container cupboard drives me nut as well as my lazy susan and corner cabinet that I can't seem to figure out how to organize. I also have a huge pantry but know I'm not utilizing the space right.
Toy Closet - I really think we could get rid of nearly every toy of the boys except a few they play with all the time. I think they've outgrown many of them that we haven't gotten rid of. I like it that we don't have a toy room because it forces us to keep toys to a minimal.
Office - oh how I need some major help in this area! My files need updated and so many things need thrown out. Running a business requires organization and when I get behind this area can get bad really fast!
Bedroom - I want to eliminate as much as I can here. I want to walk in and feel peaceful and right now I do not!
I also have 2 areas that collect stray stuff. That needs to change!
See, I have my work cut out for me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment