Weekend Recap: (sorry, no pics! I'm not too good about that)
*Made rhubarb blueberry jam (Grandma Keller's recipe) that is simply amazing! I thought I was too late in the season for rhubarb but Grandma Morris still had some and let us come to pick it. I am stocked up for the winter and our goal is to plant our own rhubarb next year. I LOVE rhubarb!! Well, actually only in stuff. I tasted it alone for the first time and think it tastes like sour celery. :)
*Started some projects. Wish I could say started and finished. Oh well....
*Celebrated my hubby's 30th bday by inviting family over for a cookout this weekend. We had a party a week early so still more celebrating to do this week! I think we had like 30 people here and that wasn't even including 2 of Jeff's siblings' families. Lots of immediate family members! Next weekend we'll be having a fun day with just the four of us doing boy things like going to a Demolition Derby.
*Had a much needed relaxing Monday....slept in, wore our comfy clothes, watched a movie, took a nap, ate some junk....boys got to play wii, computer, and Battleship with Dad. Isaac said it was the best day because Dad was home. I definitely agree! For the 9 years we've been married Jeff has always worked 6 days a week and we go to church on Sunday. That means we never have a full day at home together except on holidays. These days are so special and precious to us and we thoroughly enjoyed being at home together all day with no agenda!
No comments:
Post a Comment