Monday, July 2, 2012

April, May & June Reads

Wow, I've missed three months of book posts!  So, here's what I've been reading the last three months...

So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore
You can click on this post to read how this book impacted my life.  

Every Woman's Marriage by Shannon Ethridge
Great book!  I highly recommend this book in addition to another one of hers I'm reading called Every Woman's Battle in which I will write about when I've completed it.  This is challenging and opening and really a book all women can relate to in marriage.  

What Happens When Women Say Yes To God by Lysa TerKeurst
I really enjoy Lysa's writing style and find they are refreshing and encouraging to read.  This book did challenge me to trust the Lord even when I can't see beyond the one step He's asking me to take.  

Skinny Italian by Teresa Giudice
Just a fun read on Italian food.

EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey
Wow, I'd like to get an audio copy of this book.  So many things to digest.  If you are a leader in the business world, a must read!

Leadership 101 by John Maxwell
Simple and short book with powerful leadership lessons.  I picked this up at a garage sale because I learn so much from his books.  I will definitely keep for future reference.

Not A Fan by Kyle Idelman
This book is great for long time believers in Christ to take a good look at whether they are simply a fan or follower of Christ.  It's also good for first time believers to see what being a follower looks like.

Forgotten God by Francis Chan
Chan's writings are so popular yet I have a hard time gaining much insight from writings.  It's not that the content is lacking, I just don't care for his style of delivery which makes it hard for me to take away from his writings.  Could be that the Lord is just working on some other areas of my life and why I just didn't connect with the teachings of this book.

Large Family Logistics by Kim Brenneman
I love reading about how other mothers run their families which is why I chose to read this one.  The great part is that I do run our home much the same way a large family might run theirs.  However, I did take away some great ideas....children's hour each day, tea parties each week and Feast Night monthly.  I encourage any mom to pick up this easy read, resource book to have on her shelf for reference later on.  Also includes great tips on cleaning, maintaining your home, planning, routines, etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment