What a huge relief to know that my exhaustion has a medical explanation! I would get so frustrated with myself several days a week not understanding why I couldn't muster up the energy to complete simple tasks. Some days were better than other days. It's so hard to want to do more than you possibly can. A trip to the grocery store would wipe me out for hours afterwards. If I was working on simple things throughout the day I could manage to get by without a nap. However, most days would require a nap.
What I found out this week is that my cortisol levels are low all day. A normal person's range could be as high as 24 first thing in the morning and mine was 8 when I awoke. Normal for nighttime so your body can sleep is in a range from 1-4. Mine dropped from 8 to 3 around lunchtime and stayed there. Which makes sense. While I had more energy in the morning I never woke up feeling extremely refreshed and by afternoon I was always worn out and exhausted feeling.
In addition to being exhausted my low vitamin D can also cause depressed feelings. With not feeling like I could do what I wanted with all the stuff going on in my body, it had to be the grace of God that I could even get out of bed to accomplish what I needed each day.
I could have cried when I found this out! I've been so hard on myself trying to push through this. Jeff would always be disappointed that I wanted to go to bed by 7pm in the evenings. Now he understands. The great part is that it can be fixed. The sad part is that I've lived like this for way too long. Great part is that I don't have to continue living like this! Can't wait to see what feeling good will look like!
No comments:
Post a Comment