Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week #1 Update

It's been one full week of my dietary changes and new supplements.  I'm excited to see some changes.  They are small, but improvements!  I've actually had some great mornings but afternoons are still hard.  Still fighting daily headaches but my morning energy level is getting stronger.

I've run into not sleeping well due to changing out a natural sleeping aid I typically use.  This does cause more exhaustion so I think I'm going to switch back to using it.  I was trying a new natural remedy for anxiety but it doesn't help with sleeping so going to switch back since I'm not noticing much of a difference.

We discovered an organic farm in Fort Wayne so I am on the email list and get weekly updates which foods they are harvesting each week.  I am going to start planning my menu based on fresh food grown locally.   If you are local to Fort Wayne and would like to check it out, you can click here.

I've stuck to my new diet even through some social gatherings.  Thankfully there were veggies and fresh fruit available so I was able to stick to those.  I took my own dessert that was sugar and wheat free.  This has to be hardest part of socializing but I'm getting use to it and usually have to ask the Lord to help me not desire the things that are not healthy/good for my body.  This doesn't mean an occasional dessert is out of my life forever, just for at least another 3 weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment