Thursday, June 2, 2011

God Moments of Vacation

I will share some of the fun pics and details of our trip to Myrtle Beach this week but wanted to share some God moments in this post.

On Wednesday I took the car in to get an oil change before the big road trip but had noticed a few days prior an engine light on. It seems it always comes on so we didn't think much of it. The guy who changed my oil suggested I have it checked out. We forgot about it on Wednesday with all the crazy weather stuff (tornadoes in the area) so on Thursday Jeff made an appointment to our local mechanic to have it looked at on Friday.

Before we even found out what it might be I had a thought to check airline tickets. We knew we might be taking a risk by driving our car with over 200,000 miles. I had checked airline tickets before but the price was just outrageous and not even an option. To my surprise I checked to find that we could fly for just a few hundred more dollars than driving. Sounded doable. I called Jeff to tell him but he wasn't sold on the idea. He mentioned that we'd also need to include cost for a rental car as well and it would be more than he wanted to spend.

Then we found out that it was going to cost a little to fix the problem on the car BUT the mechanic didn't even know if it would fix the problem. We weren't experiencing problems, we just had this light on so its kind of a guessing game as to what to fix. So, we could put $200 into the car and it may not even fix the problem. Then what would happen if we got stranded a few states away. It wasn't worth the risk. So, we prayed and knew that too many details would need to fall into place but trusted the Lord's hand to open and close doors if we were to fly.

So, here goes....
*We needed to fly out a day earlier which meant our vacation would end a day earlier too. No big deal for us, but not sure our resort would allow that. When I called they said we could and that we would get our room $200 cheaper since they had a better rate available!! Thank you, Lord! (This was our first opened door that enabled us to continue to move forward)
*Got our rental car from priceline at 50% of the cost we thought it would be.
*Flew in on Sunday, I got sick on Monday morning (our original plan was to drive all day Monday) so I was so thankful to be able to rest in the resort instead of while driving all day.
*Beautiful weather, flew out on a day it was to storm (we would probably have driven home on Friday through storms)
*When I cashed in all our receipts, we didn't go over budget from flying and rental car at all!! The Lord is amazing!!
*Seeing how our car is on its way out, I am currently qualifying to earn a free car through Mary Kay's career car program and on the day before our month deadline (while I was on vacation) the Lord provided the last bit of production to continue in qualification.

Every little detail and more was provided by the Lord. I'm so thankful for his provision and how he blessed us beyond belief during this trip. It sure was nice to cut out 30 hours of travel time and not spend a penny more!

1 comment:

  1. Great story! I love to hear of ways God provides :) (Casey)

    ReplyDelete