Saturday, June 25, 2011

Friendship

This morning I woke up realizing its been forever since I've connected with friends. This is an area of struggle in my life. How to balance all that is important to me.

How do you balance friendship among the other priorities in your life? What are roadblocks you experience in making room in your life for friendships? How important should they be?

Here are my roadblocks, can you relate?

*Routines that flow nicely for me are different from friends in their routines and lifestyles creating - I find this true for mothers who are friends with kids in different seasons of life.
*My friends are mostly from different areas of my life so I find it hard to schedule time with each of them.
*I only have one friend that is less than 10 min from me. Driving is required for all the others which means I have to allow 1 hour of travel time in addition to our time spent together.
*I'm an introvert so when life gets busy I want my extra time to be at home.

I would love to hear ideas from other busy moms on how you keep friendship alive in your life! What benefits do you find when you keep them a priority?


1 comment:

  1. this is such a good post! i need ideas too :) i have several friends i have to travel to see as well - so i make it worth my while!
    if they are in a place like ft. wayne i schedule errands to run, shopping to do, or multiple friends to connect with in one day. if i'm going farther (like goshen or indy) i go for the whole darn day or a fun sleepover weekend with the whole family or just girls! i do know one thing about changing seasons and friends - the ones that are worth keeping will also make an effort - if you haven't seen or done anything with someone in a year - there's probably a reason! (at least for me) the ones that i want to be like and be around i make time for! life has too much going on to not share it with our loved ones :) i hope you are being encouraged lately by the new groups you are getting involved in!

    ReplyDelete