Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Anniversary Jeffrey!

Dear Jeffrey,

Nine years ago to the minute I was anxiously awaiting our big day (written at 5am)! Of course you would know I couldn't sleep much and would be up at the early morning hours. I had no idea what this day would mean 9 years later.
Here I am preparing for our big day!
No one ever told me how much of struggle it would be to go from two to one. As I have had to learn (and still learning) to let you lead, which is not in my nature to give up leadership, you have grown into this wonderful leader who I look up to and desire to be led by. We continue to learn together as we enter different seasons of life.
Here we are saying our vowels....
I also didn't know how two very special days would bring us closer than ever before. March 22, 2004 and April 1, 2006 will forever be memorable days as the Lord blessed our love with two incredible boys. We experienced instant love for these two little boys for the first time in our lives. Yet parenting together has been a challenge as we raise these little guys to be men of faith and honor. I wouldn't choose any other man to be the father of my boys. Your actions modeled to them how to treat and love a wife says so much more than your words ever will. I know their sweet and loving nature towards me is because they watch you treat me that way. They adore you and look up to you more than any other man. Thank you for teaching and molding them by the way you choose to live.

I also didn't expect you to love me so much and still call me beautiful. Nearly every morning you look at me as if I'm the most beautiful woman you've ever seen (crazy hair and all). I couldn't be more blessed to have you as my protector and caretaker.

I did hear others say that marriage is work and they were right! I'm thankful for a love that is deeper, has weathered storms together and has had to draw on the love of our father to get through. The last 9 years has been a journey and I'd choose you all over again! I love you and am love spending this life with you.

1 comment: