A huge chapter in my life ended yesterday. It was very bittersweet. I felt many emotions I was not prepared to feel. It was a chapter that began 5 years ago.
Mom Life has been such a huge part of my life. With this group I have developed friendships that I know will last a lifetime and some for just a season that blessed my life. It was a program that gave me wisdom, encouragement and strength to run this race called….motherhood.
In Mom Life I have been the mom who sits and soaks in everything taught and shared, been the team member helping out, and I ended my journey by leading this year. Well, I should clarify that the Lord always leads, He just chose me to be the one to work through. I thought I was leading because I would love it; the Lord had me lead because He wanted to teach me a few things.
The Lord wanted to teach me that leading is hard work, involves conflict, can be a thankless job at times, things will never always go as you plan, and can be physically and emotionally draining. Yet its all worth it when done for Him. My eyes were opened to the warfare that happens in the lives of leaders. When I was focused on an important area for a meeting, say marriage….I was never surprised to find that Jeff and I would have a rough day or two. The enemy is out to pull leaders down and I found this year to be a battle I never wanted to fight.
The Lord never led me here to destroy me; He led me here to strengthen me. I have gained skills, wisdom and strength I never thought possible. Even though it was painful; thank you, Lord, for always building me up as you see fit. He also showed that through my imperfections, He still works. It was never about me, but always about Him.
So another chapter of my life closes. I will miss seeing my dear friends and fellow Mom Lifer’s next year and the years after. I’m thankful for a ministry that builds, encourages and strengthens mothers in some of the hardest times of their journey. I’m so thankful the Lord brought me here and gave me 5 years with this ministry and with the women involved. I’m looking forward to seeing who and what the Lord has in store for the next chapter of my journey.
Leslie, thank you for sharing and being so vulnerable!
ReplyDeleteYour post rings true with our lives, as well! Ministry can be draining and discouraging at times and the enemy is always out to destroy us. It's worth it, though. We're working for a prize in Heaven, not on earth, and God always seems to provide some tangible reminder of his love when we need it. Thanks for being an encouragement to me in my mothering even though I'm not part of Mom Life!
ReplyDelete