Friday, June 17, 2011

Stay Connected

This past spring my season with Mom Life ended. This was a bittersweet moment because I knew that the last 5 years of growth had come from putting myself in the presence of mentors and leaders who love the Lord and desire to teach and encourage young mothers. I knew this had been a life line in my years of being a work from home mom. I was excited to leave because it means life is changing and my boys are growing. However, I was hoping the Lord would continue to provide me with a group of ladies who have gone before me who can encourage and guide me in this new season.

He did just that. I met some of those ladies yesterday. What a blessed afternoon I had. I learned so much and felt so encouraged on my new journey of homeschooling by meeting these women who love the Lord and desire to run homes who honor the Lord. I am so thankful for new opportunities and how the Lord opened a new door to still be connected and encouraged by others.

I want to encourage all my mom reader friends out there to pray and seek women like this for your life. Pray for the Lord to connect you with the women who will sharpen you. I felt like I had just been sharpened by iron after leaving! Mothering is hard whether you work full time or not; we all need this support and encouragement on this incredible but crazy journey! Take time in your life to make this a priority and see how the blessings and fruit will come forth.

I'd love to hear how you stay connected to moms who mentor and encourage you!

No comments:

Post a Comment