Ever since I can remember, July 4th has been one of my favorite holidays. Each year we celebrate my grandpa's birthday (this year will be 75) and many of those years included a pool party at my aunt's house. So many wonderful memories of swimming all afternoon with the cousins. One year my uncle video taped one of our July 4th celebrations and I can remember watching the video all year round and just could not wait until we would party again!!
Jeff grew up with fun memories with his family as well. So it was quite an adjustment on how to compromise the day since neither of us wanted to give up our traditions many years ago. Now we get to spend time with both sides of the family.
I still love the holiday but for different reasons. I love each new year Grandpa is here with us and that we get to celebrate that. I love that my children now have the fun "pool party" experience plus all the time with family and cousins. I love that on today we celebrate our FREEDOM. Not just freedom as a country but freedom in Christ who gives us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment