I've been disappointed lately that I haven't been able to keep up on my house. Part of that is because I'm not home. My schedule is so full that when I am home, I don't even know where to begin. I'm too tired to make my to do list the night before and then exhausted when I do get home. I relate to this saying, "A confused mind does nothing." That's exactly what happens to me. I shut down. Finally after being gone every day this past week, I was getting frustrated. Frustrated with myself for letting my schedule control me but also that I just couldn't get it together this week! Thank goodness a book I ordered arrived in the mail yesterday and I took time to lay on the couch and skim through it. It's called Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider. I've read many organizational books and this one is great if you just want to keep it simple! It's great for beginners! So, here's the tip that has already made my Saturday a successful one (and its not even 8am!).
Have a "Most Important Things" list and only include 3 things on it. Choose the top 3 things you MUST accomplish that day and when you complete them, count it as a successful day. Don't include more than 10 things on your total to do list for the day. I don't know about you, but I think I can handle 3 things in a day! If I can have a focus for 3 things, I'm sure I'll keep going and get more done. She also suggests that you try to work on things so that your list is done by the weekend and not try to have a specific list for each day of the week. Since each day brings many different distractions, I like her simplistic approach. I suggest you add it to your 2011 read list if you are looking for ways to simplify.
No comments:
Post a Comment