Thirty years ago today the Lord blessed me with life.
"For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14
And blessed it has been.
It's hard to believe I've been living for 3 decades now. As I reflect on each decade there are unique and marking moments that I want to share.
1980-1990:
*My parents' firstborn child- I know the joy of a firstborn and I can only imagine my parents felt the very same. They may have been a bit surprised to see a daughter show up since my heartbeat reflected a boy's and the nurse told my mom she thought I was a boy. :) What a blessing for me to enter into a loving and Christ centered family.
*3 years later my brother joined the family and we were a family of 4.
*My childhood was a lot of fun. Some of my fondest memories are playing with the neighbor kids at my Grandma's house each summer, swimming at my Aunt's pool, going to the zoo, and just being a kid.
*Accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior
1991-2000:
* Dream of mine came true when I performed 3 years in show choir.
* Graduated high school
* Made some of my very best friends that are still in my life 15-20 years later!
*Met my husband
*Began to feel the pain of life and rely on faith when Mom was diagnosed with cancer.
*Began college
*Experienced a growth in the Lord as I headed out on my own
* Chose to be baptized to proclaim my faith in Jesus
2001-2010: The BEST decade so far!
*Graduated college
*Married an incredible man
*Welcomed both sons into our life (Isaac - 6 years old, Kaleb - 4 years old)
*Made the best decisions of my life....said YES to Jeff and quit my full time job to stay home with my precious little ones.
*Faith was tested and refined with our son's health
* Began to lead worship at Life Community which opened up more doors than I can even describe in my spiritual growth, relationships and leadership opportunities.
*Met more incredible new friends that I know will be part of the rest of my life
I've heard that the next decade is better yet! I don't think it will be what happens in my life the next 10 years but the changes that keep happening inside of me. I don't want to be the same woman I was in my 20s but instead filled with more wisdom and love for the Lord. I'm so thankful he loved me enough to create me and die for me and yet supply all the wonderful blessings in between. I'm also thankful for those who prayed for me. Those who prayed that I would accept Jesus as my savior, be involved in Godly relationships in school, that I would marry a man who loved the Lord and that I would be blessed with a family of my own. I hope that those same people continue to pray for my journey as a servant of the Lord, wife and mother this next decade.
Thank you Lord for life, for I am nothing without you!
happy birthday!
ReplyDeletegreat synopsis :)