Saturday, December 11, 2010

My Favorite Things

I love the simplicity of my life. I love that each day has a gift when I take the time to enjoy it. I've even felt that I need to simplify more. As the new year approaches I'm examining what works and what needs to change. So, I thought I'd share!

My favorite things that I will continue into 2011....

*Date Night every Friday - After an incredibly busy week I had the gift of being at home all day yesterday. Jeff got home around 1pm and we spent the afternoon and evening together just being home. It was wonderful! Quality time with Jeff is a true treasure and I intend to spend many more days like this with him.

*Family meals - I've been challenged by some ladies to make meal time count with devotions and prayer time as a family. I'm looking forward to adding this to our 2011 family traditions.

*Time with my boys - I've recently learned an interesting fact about boys/men and how they feel loved. Quality time is not about a good conversation with mom but about sitting alongside of them to play a game and just be with them.

*Girlfriend time - with all the craziness of life, I tend to put this on the back burner but after an evening away I came home with new ideas and a new passion for change. Girlfriends who love the Lord challenge me to make positive changes in my life. I definitely want more time with them!

*Me time - Sometimes I feel guilty for me time but recently I have realized it is an absolute must for me. Some of my favorites include shopping alone, getting up early on a Saturday to watch a chick flick only I would like, reading my favorite blogs, books and magazines, and sneaking a nap in when I can.

*Sabbath day - Sunday is our sabbath and I look forward to our agenda of nothing after coming home from church. We sleep, play, watch football or movies, and eat junk food. Our time together as a family is so refreshing and prepares us for the week ahead.

While I will continue to serve the Lord, study His word, and walk through the doors He opens, I will still take time in 2011 to make my husband, children and relationships priority.

1 comment:

  1. sounds great les! wonderful challenges for yourself and your family!

    ReplyDelete