Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Being Me

Do you ever make a decision only to doubt it over and over again? That's me! I'm a perfectionist = "A propensity for being displeased with anything that is not perfect or does not meet extremely high standards." It's hard living my life with these standards.

While I love that the Lord gives us free will, most of the time I just want Him to tell me what to do. I want to follow His way that I get tripped up in the details of it. Should I homeschool my kids? Did I make the wrong choice by sending them to public school? Should I be involved in ministry while my kids are young? Should I shoot for that dream I've had for a few years?

Today I'm having one of those "questioning" days. Am I on the right path? Am I focused on what I should be? Then I ran across this blog... http://lysaterkeurst.com/2009/09/becoming-me/ and I'm reminded that being the woman God has called me to be is part of His plan. I don't have to lose myself and deny myself in motherhood when I've been gifted in other areas.

Anyone else ever struggle with this?

1 comment:

  1. i think that there is a time where we can be led and a time when God wants us to lead. its hard knowing the difference, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete