Our first challenge this week is to find those areas in our homes that drives us nuts. The concept is to make sure everything has a home. There is one area of my home that always drives me crazy and that is my office. Since I'm a visual learner I will try to share pictures when I can. Here are before pictures of my office. The goal this weekend is to make sure everything finds a home.
Your challenge is to do
The great thing is that you can teach your kids the same. While I've been teaching my kids that everything has a home, they think that "home" is just throwing it in the toy closet as you can see. So, this week the kids will be working on their areas as well. They are 4 and 6...it's never too early! Teach them young so that you are not always picking up after them. They can put toys away by the age of 18 months.
I am going to work on my bedroom which also acts as my work space. I have things piled up and because of lack of space organization is difficult. It is nice to know that I am not the only one who struggles with keeping things in their "home". Thank you Leslie for your help in these challenges. Kim Williams
ReplyDeleteWe did a good bit of this before Theo was born, but I still feel like we are living "at capacity"... might work on a few areas myself this weekend. Theo's closet has already accumulated a "needs organized" pile!
ReplyDeleteI hope you ladies have a productive weekend!
ReplyDelete