Friday, July 23, 2010

It's time to train!

My painful 2 hour grocery shopping trip in one store (I usually go to 3) is a reminder to me that I need to schedule a training session for my boys. Have you ever considered that instead of always fighting with your kids you could do the alternative and teach them how to act when you are not in the heat of the moment? I had never thought that until I met another mom that taught me this. She explained that training sessions need to be set up BEFORE the event happens. That way the kids know how to act beforehand.Today I wished that the training session had already taken place because I was frustrated and had lost about an hour of time because of it. The kids and I were both miserable. In our fast paced culture I find myself brushing past things that I need to focus on, such as certain behaviors from my kids. So, on my "to do" list for the near future will be "train the boys how to act on long shopping trips."

No comments:

Post a Comment