Saturday, March 17, 2012

Weight loss ?!?

One of these days I'll stop talking about my health but it is my life right now so I'll share what I'm learning through this all.  I hesitate in even writing this because I hate talking about weight.  Our media places too much emphasis on it and the beauty of a woman on the outside.  I hate that!  I hate feeling like I have to be a certain size to look good.  That's not really what this post is about anyways....

Awhile back when I was having stomach issues, I was eating next to nothing and the scales revealed that.  In a week's time I probably lost 5 pounds.  I don't own a scale but I know what my "normal" weight is.  A week later I went in to the doc for another appt. and had lost 2 more pounds.  This seemed normal to me because I wasn't really eating much.

Then I began a new diet to see if that would help.  I cut out grains, dairy, gluten and sugar as best as I could.  This meant more meat and more fat.  I've always shied away from fat (or felt guilty after eating it), fearing I would put on weight so choosing some pasta as a better option over steak.

I had to return to the doc for something unrelated and was anxious to see what my weight would show now that I've been eating much different.  I just about gasped when I saw the scale....I had not gained a single pound since I had lost when I was sick in the last 4 or 5 weeks and I've been eating a lot of fat.  It wasn't my imagination that my pants have been a bit looser.  

Conclusion....my idea of food and what is good for my body is really messed up.  I'm learning so much through this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment