Monday, March 12, 2012

Feeling Optimistic

Really, my journey to feel better has been a process over a couple years but more intense these last few months. Here's my 3 week update....I should probably state up front that there's much more to my journey that I won't be publishing on my blog due to keeping some things private publicly but am more than happy to share my journey with anyone on a personal level.  I hope my story can help someone else feel better.  

So far I've done the following...

*Cut grains, wheat, gluten, dairy, and sugar for about 3 weeks
* Had a urine analysis and panel of blood tests done
* Started seeing a new chiropractor in Fort Wayne

So far I know....
*I can "cheat" on my diet and it's not the end of the world (had to do that a few times this week due to scheduling issues and not eating at home); however, I do feel MUCH better staying on it
*All my blood work came back in the normal range...Praise the Lord!
*The anxiety I struggle with is affecting my kidneys.  It's time I take more action in this area which I've been trying to avoid for many years.  
*My new doc is willing to take time with me to get me well.  He has stressed over and over again that while my case is "complicated" for my age, he's willing to do what he can to get me feeling great!  I have been tired of feeling like things are brushed to the side with others I've worked with.  No one has ever taken this much time and effort to figure out the root of my pain.   
*Digestive issues are clearing up (thought I had some gallbladder issues but have not had any problems with diet changes)
*Less frequent headaches due to cutting out sugar

What doc will be helping me with...
*Anxiety
*xrays on Neck and lower back show problems that need addressed through therapy
*has suggested I continue with new eating habits and continue daily stretching to help me the muscle tension I experience daily

Feeling very optimistic I'm on the right track!  

1 comment:

  1. Leslie -
    I go to an awesome chiropractor (woman) in Fort Wayne. It sounds like you have already found one, but I would definitely recommend her if you are interest. Let me know! She has fixed me and my mom!!

    Angie Evans

    ReplyDelete