Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Journey to Feel Better

I've come to a conclusion....life is so much more than good food.  While I would never say that food has had a stronghold on my life, I will admit I've never been too careful about what I eat....so maybe it did have a silent stronghold on my life.  I've been slowly changing our diet but didn't want to make major changes because I love to eat good food...sugar, dairy, wheat.....are probably my favorites!    

I can't even pinpoint when I started feeling yucky.  I had frequent headaches in high school and just dealt with it for the last 15 years.  I just kind of got use to it.  I've been seeing a chiropractor on a regular basis for over two years yet I'm still not getting to the root of my issues.  Chronic systems include headaches, digestive issues, muscle tension, and anxiety.  I've just learned to live with it.  Nothing that ever causes serious pain but its nagging enough to make me tired more often than I'd like.  However, the older I get, the more toll it takes on my body and the more tired I have become.  It's been so frustrating to want to do more than my body can physically handle.  You won't necessarily see me in discomfort.  I do hide it pretty well, mainly because it has just become part of me.  Late afternoons and evenings are hardest for me because I'm pretty much exhausted.  

On Monday I made a decision to eliminate foods that tend to cause problems with people (dairy, sugar, gluten and wheat).  While this seems drastic, the Lord has put two women in my life who are currently living this lifestyle and have been so incredibly helpful as I learn more about food and how harmful it can be to our bodies.  

After two days of thirty that I plan to do this, I actually didn't feel like going to bed after dinner!  I did take naps, though, but usually when I do take naps I still want to go to bed right after dinner.  Seriously, as insane as this may sound, I actually had energy to help Isaac with some school work and fold some laundry on Monday evening.  I usually crash right after dinner when we are all home for the evening.  Then on Tuesday evening I had a business meeting I attend every week and a friend told me I looked different.  I felt different and I'm pretty sure it made me look different.    

I plan to document my journey and share any news I get.  I am getting second and third opinions from other medical professionals.  I was told it could be awhile but I have found a doc that won't stop until he finds answers for me.  I am thankful the Lord has opened up doors for me.  

I would covet any and all prayers as I figure out how to get well.  I'd be lying if I wouldn't say there is a bit of anxiety wondering what they could find but I have to trust the Lord to protect and sustain me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment