Back in January I posted that I wanted to begin each month with a focus....a habit that I wanted to create or get rid of to make better use of my life. The habit for February is a bit different than I typically choose when trying to better our life. Usually I think of something practical to make my life a little easier to work on. This is one I won't be able to really measure like another kind of habit such as marking something off a checklist.
I've mentioned in some previous posts, that I am really struggling more so this winter with joy and being content. Feelings of frustration, blah, inadequacy, failure, etc have been crowding out the joy I desire to have. After hitting a wall from 1) too much in my schedule 2) not enough time with the Lord, I simply had to tell the Lord I'm tired of spinning my wheels. I need YOU to place the desires in my heart YOU want me to follow and YOU to place the joy in my heart.
Today He gave me two words to focus on...ABIDE and DELIGHT. I'll focus on abide in this post and share delight in another. I've read the verse in John 15:7 before but today the Lord wanted me to meditate and pray it. First I had to even look up the word abide to know what it really means. I was surprised to find the meaning (I did also check to make sure the Greek meant the same)....to wait, await, to endure without yielding, to bear patiently, to accept without objection, to remain stable or in a fixed state, to conform to. This makes this verse come alive for me....If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. John 15:7
Thanks for sharing this! I love it :) I am excited to see how the themes God gives you each month will shape you this year...and to look back and see how they all come together!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking towards planning a retreat in the next month or two...possibly with a few women - and am looking forward to that time of 'abiding'!