It shouldn't have come as a surprise that the morning I pray a huge vision for our day, the enemy attacks at many angles. Yesterday was one of those days. I had a huge list to attack, disobedient children, a lack of motivation, and a lack of joy. All of that in one day = a frazzled me! I called my hubby on the way home to spill my day. Thankfully he was totally on board with me and ready to attack the issues when he got home.
My boys have their moments but I didn't realize how much discipline would play into our school day. I didn't truly understand what homeschool moms were telling me when they said that some days you will only work on obedience. Yesterday should have been one of those days but I was too frustrated to know how to handle it so we suffered all...day...long!
Disciplining my boys is one of the hardest parts of mothering. It takes energy, wisdom and persistence that I don't necessarily want to deal with every day. Remember, that list I talked about above? That was my focus, along with getting our school done. Well, that was the wrong focus!
After a long conversation with hubby, the boys, a hot shower, time to re-focus and ask the Lord for wisdom we came up with a new plan for today. Wow, what a difference! Really, the problem wasn't the boys...it was me. I had gotten a little out of discipline for myself that spilled into letting the boys off the hook in some areas. We've had quite the productive day and are back on track.
Thank you, Lord for lessons at home and thank you for being patient to continually teach us!
No comments:
Post a Comment