Today I want to publicly appreciate my husband. I was recently having a debate with a couple girlfriends who said they have the best husband...I have to say that mine is the best. But I also love having girlfriends who value, respect and love their husbands too!
Not every day is perfect, in fact, we've had our fair share of frustrating weeks lately. Even though we tried to prepare for all the emotions that we'd experience with homeschooling and this life change, we couldn't. Jeff has been such a huge support to me while I try to figure this out and all the emotions and frustrations that come along with it. It also includes a messy house some days, a stir-crazy wife, and less attention on his needs. He has been training the boys in the evenings when we've had a rough day at home, he is ready to help me in any way that I've not been able to keep up at home if we are having a bad day (schooling is nearly a full time job and even though I'm home all day....there are days we just can't keep up at home), and he listens and communicates with me. He even looked at me the other day and said, "I understand why some days are crazy" after observing some frustrating behavior with the boys. That look and statement meant more to me than anything. I knew he fully trusted me and wasn't feeling like I was being inadequate because I felt like a failure that particular day.
We are finding more than ever the need to get away alone. We've not been really good about date nights lately (I think about 3 months went by in between our last 2). Our goal is 1-2 dates a month so we've got some work to do to make that more of a priority. We've been looking forward to planning our 10 year anniversary vacation. We finally have a location settled upon....now just need to know what our budget will be and when we can go! We are also planning an overnight trip to downtown Indy in December. We are both very excited and have been working on those details this week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment