Saturday, November 5, 2011

In My Life This Week

Even though I'd love to post this weekly update as I started out, I'm finding it extremely hard to do!  I make sure the first Saturday of every month is free of obligations so I can be at home to catch up and or just relax so my hope is to do a monthly review of what's going on in our lives the first weekend of each month.  In between I'll be writing as I feel inspired to do so.  I have some projects in the making that I hope to blog about as well.

I did learn so much this week that I want to share.....

Marriage ....
 Jeff and I both learned some great stuff about our marriage this week.  We are learning how to communicate love to each other (yes, even after 12 years of being together you STILL learn new things!!).  In fact, we learned that random strange things can communicate love.  I would have laughed if someone would have told me I would feel loved when my husband installed our new toilet!  However, you have to know that my husband puts many, many hours into working a very stressful job.  That means projects around the house can sit and sit and sit.  Sometimes I get frustrated but I have to remember that he works very hard so we can live as we feel called.  So I never said a word about the new toilet sitting in my back room for weeks.  Our old one was in working order but really needed replaced.  Sometimes I just stop noticing the undone projects (that's what we get for living in an old home!).  So I was shocked to come home to find a brand new toilet installed while I was away and the old one disposed of.  YES, one more project off the list!!

Jeff is the kind of husband that doesn't judge me when he comes home to find the house a mess and me feeling quite low.  He knows me well enough to know something's up, even if this "season" lasts for more than just one day.  He's been so supportive as I try to figure out how to homeschool.  His understanding and help were more precious to me than anything this week.  Then a few days later he brought home flowers because he saw them in the grocery when he stopped in to pick a few things up.  I love that man!  

Homeschooling....
As I mentioned above we had a really rough Monday.  I have been fighting schedule vs non schedule.  I am a schedule person through and through but I thought maybe I was being too hard on the boys so I loosened up. Jeff and I realize that was really not good for the boys or for me.  I tightened up and we had a much smoother week.  My kids and me need some solid structure.  Doesn't mean we still can't have fun.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment