Sunday, November 6, 2011

Alternative Tradition

Christmas used to be my favorite time of year...until I met my husband.  It was then that 2 completely different worlds and expectations of the holiday collided.  We've been together 12 years now, married 9.5 years and still struggle with a balance.  Together we've had to come up with a compromised approach to the holiday that still honors the Lord but we still don't feel like we're comfortable with our current traditions (or lack there of).  


A few years ago we tried this but didn't know how to incorporate it all so stopped.  Each year I think we'll get it figured out only to get so frustrated.  I absolutely love this article.  It expresses my feelings about the holiday and a great solution!  I hope you enjoy the read too....


1 comment:

  1. We grew up doing presents on Thanksgiving and hubby and I are talking about reincorporating it for our family too... (it also is complicated by the fact my daughter's birthday is Christmas Eve!).

    If you want to ask me more about how we actually did it, let me know. I'd be happy to answer questions you may have!

    ReplyDelete