Thursday, January 20, 2011

Iron Sharpens Iron

Proverbs 27:17 NIV
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

I have always loved this verse and prayed it many times! Most of the time this sharpening is painful. Sometimes this can cause conflict, will be humbling and be just downright uncomfortable! However, true friendship will get through the hard times. I'm not sure why, but conflict will happen with the people we love the most. Scripture is full of conflict. That's probably why the Lord commands us to love each other as we love ourselves because he knew it wouldn't be easy for us.

I'm thankful for iron in my life. I'm thankful for women who love me but more thankful for those who love me enough to get uncomfortable.

Who is iron in your life? Are you afraid to have it? Sometimes I am. Sometimes I guard myself and try to get away from it. However, I'm thankful for a Lord who loves me enough to send loving people into my life to show me that, while being sharpened is painful, its crucial for our growth in the Lord and what He has planned for us.

1 comment: