I thought I would post some fun things I learned while leisurely reading blogs from my laptop on the couch today. I just love having a laptop. Right now I'm lounging on the couch with my little man while he watches Funniest Home Videos. Our Sundays are so lazy and I love it! I told a friend today that we have a set schedule every Sunday afternoon/evening and that is to stay home and do nothing!
So, what I read...
*52 Date Night Project - a blogger set out to do an entire year of weekly date nights, mostly from home. What a great idea! I am having a hard time finding home dates fun. I just can't get creative enough. Simple things like board games, card games, putting together a puzzle, etc. I was thinking I should create a date night jar and put in things Jeff and I would enjoy and then when we have a home date, pull out an idea. I love this idea and I need to make a weekly date night priority with hubby.
*Family Night - our new goal is to get out and do a fun family outing each month but I, again, am not good about purposefully planning a family night activity weekly. The jar idea would work perfectly for this too.
*Homemaking Binder - I have tried putting one together before and it didn't work. I've been looking for ways to make it work for me. I think I have it! Here are my sections....
1 - weekly to do list, separated by days so I know what needs to be done each day
2 - daily sheet where I have my daily goals and weekly goals added into a format that will encourage me to take action each day and cross lots of things off
3 - meal plan for the month
4- folder for binder to put bills in as they come in each day (checkbook/bill paying is every Wed)
5 - folder for bday cards for the month that are addressed and ready to send out (I do put the day they need to be mailed where the stamp goes and then I'll put the stamp on when its time)
6 - important papers section
7 - business sections
Looks like it would be a huge binder but it's really not. Very manageable. Maybe someday I'll be able to figure out how to link and attach things and I could put my spreadsheets on here. :)
Some fun, simple ideas I got this weekend.
I'd love to hear some date ideas and family night ideas from you!
hey les! could you post the links to the blogs you were reading? i'm interested in reading the 52 date night one!
ReplyDeleteIt was a random search that I can't find anymore. I didn't find the articles helpful, just the idea to create my own. Simple things like play games together, do a puzzle, etc.
ReplyDelete