Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dreaming

I love to watch movies that inspire me. Saturday mornings are the best time of day for me to watch a movie and truly soak in the message. About once a month or so I get a hold of a movie that Jeff wouldn't care to see and I watch it after he leaves for work and before the kids wake up. Crazy as it sounds, I'll turn the movie on between 5am and 6am while the rest of the world is sleeping.

What I love about movies is that they can open my eyes to a world beyond my own. They help me to dream. It's kind of hard to dream when I spend many days picking up the house, breaking up arguments between my two boys, laundry, and every other everyday life kind of things. If I can tune real life out for some time and dream, I find that it inspires me to make change.

In John 10:10 Jesus says this:

10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

It is my desire to not waste this life the Lord has given to me but live to the fullest. Several months ago I was encouraged to make a dream list of 25 things. By writing down 25 things it allows me to put down the surface level, superficial stuff like what kind of house I want to live in to the deep desires of my soul and who I want to become. I hadn't looked at the list for quite some time so it was interesting to revisit it this morning. My hope is to keep this list a running list with dates so that I can evaluate who I was and who I've become.

What are 25 of your dreams? Write them down. Better yet have your husband write his and then see how many things you can dream about together. I've been encouraging my husband to make his list so we can then share our dreams together and learn more about each other. So far our life together has consisted of college and children. We never had time to just be us. So in the craziness of parenting, ministries, and jobs, my hope is that we can still dream and go for those dreams whenever the Lord allows.

1 comment:

  1. would you be willing to post these?
    or ones that have come true?
    or share any of them?!
    i'm curious! and what a great idea :)
    i made a list once of things i wanted to do before i die...i'll have to see if i can find it!

    ReplyDelete