Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Where next?

It's been on my heart for awhile to disconnect from the online world.  I have a friend who does not have texting or facebook.  We occasionally communicate through email but if I truly want to check in on her I have to call her.  I've done that a few times and the times I've called she's needed a friend to talk to.  It was so neat to see how the Lord placed her on my heart, I called and she was in need of talking to a friend.  That relationship has grown more in the last several months due to my intentionality of person to person contact.  Another friend I have can text but she doesn't check email often.  Again, I'm more intentional about face to face contact with her.  And that friendship has grown over the last few months too.  

Due to my season of life, I am not currently in the same "loop" as my girlfriends.  There has to be intention in my relationships.  Some friendships have remained strong, some have not and some are no longer in existence.  I truly believe we go through seasons of friendships and some will not last after a particular season is over.

So this morning I ask the Lord how I can build true authentic relationships ...
*Do I stop sharing my life online?  Is it time to just share through close personal contact?
*Do I stop reading online?  If people in my life knew they couldn't get in touch with me online, would they choose to call me instead?

I will be evaluating what my blog will look like.  Will it remain personal?  Will it be more informational?  Will it have a theme?  Will I focus on one area?  Not sure!  As I take a break to seek the Lord, I hope to be back in January with some insight and direction.

In the meantime, enjoy these upcoming weeks with true authenticity as you gather with family and friends to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!  

No comments:

Post a Comment