Tuesday, December 27, 2011

30`s

Today I turn 31.  The last two years have been hard birthdays to celebrate.  Twenty-nine was bad knowing it was my last year in my 20's and turning 30 would only mean 10 years away from 40!  YIKES!  However, I was reminded by friends that 30 was much better than 20's and with age comes priceless wisdom.  So, after turning 30 I embraced this new decade and decided to enjoy it.



So far my 30's have brought...











A homeschooling journey with my boys which has given us many priceless memories and time learning together.  This decision has truly forced us to slow down and enjoy this season.
  






New leadership opportunities and an expansion in my 8 plus year business







Friendships - new and old growing stronger and complimenting different areas of my life

Push to get out of my comfort zone in different areas of my life

Successes that I didn't think were possible along with failures and learning experiences along the way


A change of heart in some areas of my life (habits, decisions, etc) and a continuing desire to walk with the Lord more closely.  
Lots of things I'd say I'd never do like canning...

New insights into marriage and parenting - like how to truly love my husband and boys - several "ah ha" moments this year

Creating much needed space to enjoy life and slow down a bit (Sabbath rest, Family Nights, Date Nights, nights to do nothing but relax, etc)

Discovering Pinterest - an exciting new website that offers tips and insights to just about anything you'd want to know

Lots and lots of books - don't think I've ever read so many books in one year.  I didn't document them all but with less TV viewing comes more time to read and soak in knowledge and wisdom.
  
Learning how to care for my body better and feed my family with more nutrition.  Just small baby steps to help us feel better and eat better.

I'm sure I'll come up with many more after publishing.  Bottom line is that 30s definitely not as bad as I thought it would be....in fact, its been quite enjoyable!  

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing so much about the last year :) I hope the next 9 are just as inspiring and educational!

    ReplyDelete