Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 Goal Setting Part 1

I was sorting through older posts and could not find a goal post for 2011.  This doesn't surprise me because it seems like I've had a lot of stuff floating around in my brain but nothing solid.  I think its important to review the past to see where you want to go in the future.  When I look back 2 years ago it looked like this.....

Spiritual - Read through the Bible in one year (I've never done this), finish my discipleship class strong by graduating with an A and by finishing up 3 spiritual retreats (one being a 3 day one!) - I did graduate and did complete my retreats but did not read through the Bible.
Physical - Walk 5 miles a week = 240 miles/year (I barely get 3 a week in now) - did not continue this physical goal due to ankle and knee problems.
Financial -Save 6 months expenses by June (that's the latest date; hopefully will be much sooner) - YES!!
Business - earn my first diamond ring and car from Mary Kay by June 30 - Almost made it happen in 2011 but going on the goal list again this year.  

Habits that I want to continue and strengthen:
Talk to my kids about the Lord daily - teaching them from the Bible
Dating my husband once a week - still need to work on this
Obeying the Lord on a daily basis with the small and big areas of my life - continuing to strive for
Strengthen relationships with other women in my life - going to make more measureable goals for this year
Becoming more disciplined and not letting little distractions side track me from the big picture of what the Lord wants from me - I have implemented change in this area and will make more specific goals for 2012
More family activities as finances allow (and getaways for me and Jeff) - still a desire on my heart but we are getting closer by adjusting our budget to allow this to happen more.


Even though this is from 2 years ago and nothing to evaluate from last year, they are all still very relevant to my life now and room to make improvements for.    

No comments:

Post a Comment