I'm feeling so blessed to homeschool my boys! Oh, its not easy and some days I wonder what I've gotten myself into. Lately I've been feeling so blessed. We have been getting together with 6 other moms and their elementary aged kids to do art and let the kids hang out every other week. The boys always look forward to this time to see their friends. Then every week they have PE class at HU and get together with some of these same kids plus other friends. They love these times out. I love knowing all the moms to my boys' friends. I didn't have that opportunity before.
One concern I had was seeing Isaac come home with an attitude, fight his brother a lot (this still happens but not quite as much anymore), and talk about things I didn't feel were age appropriate. I'm so glad to have my Isaac back! He's back to his old self and he is loving our time together homeschooling.
I find it quite interesting (but not really, we are talking about the Lord here) that all my fears have been taken care of. For example...
*Will my kids lose out on relationships?.....the Lord provided an opportunity that I mentioned about to join a small group of mothers getting their kids together. How it happened was crazy too!
*Will I hate being "stuck" at home each day?....have found more freedom than ever before! I love being at home but having the opportunity to change up a day if we want to. Last week I went shopping with my mom and sister-in-law so Jeff did afternoon school with the boys on his afternoon off. I'm less stressed because I'm home more during the daytime hours, which was something I didn't really know I needed. Back in October we had our break during the warmest days of the month...it was so great to have that flexibility!
*What will my family say?....so far, I've had a great support system, another detail the Lord worked out for me.
*Will I burn out?....yes I can but I have the ability to design my schedule so I know when its time to take a break before that happens. We work off a balanced calendar schedule that we absolutely love!
*Will I lose a sense of me?....Not at all! I still make me a priority because I know if I'm not taken care of, I can't take care of my family. I haven't had to give up anything that I love because Jeff and I prioritize what we feel the Lord wants us to do and what we need to put our time into and say no to the things that doesn't fit our priorities or passions.
*What about giving my kids a chance to share Jesus with others?...this could be another post but short version...my boys aren't ready for that yet. They still need me to train them more in a safe environment. I have seen other children their age a lot farther along in their spiritual journey. I'm in no hurry because I want their relationship with the Lord to be true and authentic and we get several daily opportunities to discuss the Lord and His ways being at home together. I trust the Lord will give them opportunities as they mature and grow closer to Him.
Plus, there's awesome opportunities like going to DeBrands for school!! HA! Post to come next week on our field trip experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment