Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Resting on Sabbath Update

Back in February I wrote this post on sabbath rest. I wanted to write a follow up on it.

Lately I've been feeling more energized, felt like I was getting things accomplished, and not been feeling as overwhelmed even though nothing has really dropped from my schedule. I knew the Lord was working in me but wasn't sure how the change was coming but knew I just felt great!

Then the last 2 weeks I've not been truly using Sunday as a sabbath rest. I've still worked on things to try and get ahead or caught up and not truly rested my mind and body. We've also had a movie on during the day or we've gotten online. The last 2 weeks I've also felt more down, overwhelmed, and wondering where this incredible energy I had went.

While reading scripture the other morning I felt the Lord speak to my heart that I'm feeling frustrated because I'm trying to do more than He created me to do. When I rest...not just take a nap, but truly rest my mind and body He blesses me to do what He has called me to do the rest of the week.

So, back to truly resting on Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment