I am really looking forward to this weekend. It is because we have absolutely nothing planned outside of welcoming our cute little 7 month old nephew for a few days. We've been so busy that I'm beginning to schedule down time in our calendar and having to either say NO to things when we reach our max (the rule is now that either Saturday or Sunday MUST be free to be at home each weekend) or put them on our calendar weeks in advance. It's hard to find breathing room to just be at home and do nothing. I always feel like there is something that needs tending to but this weekend I'm going to relax and maybe catch up on a few things.
Two weeks ago I scheduled some solitude time in. It was because its required for a class I'm taking but it was a welcome break. I spent nearly 2 days with no obligations but the Lord. It was quite refreshing and a habit I hope to make a priority. Even one day for just me every now and then would do wonders for my marriage and mothering! I do get overwhelmed easy with the demands of life. I like slower paced schedules and time to just be at home. I love naps, watching chick flicks and reading for hours. It's been awhile since my schedule has allowed those past times so I'm going to begin scheduling them in!
I've also found the need to schedule date nights in with hubby because they won't just happen. Our last date was the beginning of Aug (2 months ago!) and prior to that had been in May (3 months!). That is not what I had in mind when I set our goal to date twice a month! Needless to say everyone and everything else was taking priority in my schedule. So for the next 3 months Jeff now has his name in my calendar and I will work everything else around him. :)
So, I'm looking forward to playing wii with the boys, napping, and whatever else we decide to do while at home this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment