I am learning a few things about marriage:
*kids should not come before it
*Busyness hurts it
*Date night is essential
*It's important to make room in the budget for it
*Communication is key
*When each other's needs are being met, life is enjoyable together
*Husbands need respect from their wives
*Wives need love from their husbands
I've been on this journey of marriage for 8 years and 6 have been with kids involved. The 2 years that were kid-less involved finishing college and starting a new career while being pregnant. Our marriage was not priority. Just getting through life was. If I can encourage new couples or new parents the best advice....take time for your marriage and put it on the calendar weekly. In the last 6 months Jeff and I have only taken time for ourselves 3 times. That's a date once every 2 months. It's not enough. We both are grouchy and miscommunicating on several levels. Yet after a date, we find it easy to love on each other. Just this morning Jeff had to get up at 5am, leave at 5:30am yet he remembered without my asking to load my car up for my appointments today. A total surprise! I feel so loved that he did that for me because I know it was an early morning for him. I also know that when we dated regularly during a season a year ago, this was how we worked together as well. So I know its not just a one time thing. It's a habit we desire to create. Looking forward to our next date night!
No comments:
Post a Comment