I thought some of these tips were fun (taken from More Hours in My Day by Emilie Barnes and Sheri Torelli) & some of them are ones I already use and find helpful for reducing stress in my life (very practical and random)....
Ones I use:
* write chores on slips of paper and let the kids select one for the week (this keeps variety but I have to say that the boys forget to do what they need so we are still working on how to remember since they switch off on chores each week)
* Each bedroom has a laundry basket and each day that I do laundry we take the clothes to the laundry room to be sorted into our sorting bins (My laundry room is actually my back room where most people walk in so I transformed my coat closet into a laundry sorting area)
* Set your clock 5 -10 min fast but don't tell anyone (Jeff does this to our bedroom clock for early mornings when he doesn't get up right away)
*Make to-do list before going to bed for the next day
* Shop early in the morning or late at night to avoid the busy times (this is huge for me...I shop in the mornings)
* Shop from a grocery list - write list on an envelope and place the coupons inside the envelope that you plan to use
* Keep an extra pair of pantyhose
* Keep a notebook in your purse so you can jot down notes when you think of things
* don't answer the phone during dinner time
* have a morning routine and after school routine that works for your family (do the same thing each day)
* have a key hook or peg shelf for keys, purses, backpacks, etc that you can hang up as soon as you walk in the door
* don't wait until your car's gas tank is almost empty. I fill mine up when it gets to 1/4 of a tank.
New ideas to me I want to try:
*Use turntables under bathroom sinks or in closets to get to items quickly
* Set timer for kids 5 min before it's time to leave so when the timer goes off, they know it's time to go
*designate 1 or 2 nights each week with no TV or gaming system
* have kids select clothing the night before
* remind each family member to keep their area clean
* have a fully equipped emergency kit in the back of your car
No comments:
Post a Comment