Sunday, October 24, 2010

Home Project

It's been awhile since I've thought about getting ahead with my home. Since Kaleb started preschool I am not home as much as I was before; therefore, leaving me with little time to tend to the house. However, this week I've been encouraged/challenged in the book I use as a resource More Hours in My Day to go through one room each week and totally clean/reorganize it. This coming spring I would love to take my first trip to Ikea to purchase some things for our home. However, I'd like to have a plan before going of what we need replaced and things we'd like to add. This will be a great way for me to go through each room and make a plan. As we've put getting out of debt, saving for our future, and making energy efficient updates to our house a high priority in our budget, we've been living with minimal and mainly old furniture. I can hardly even cut cheese with my knives and my towels and washcloths are the ones from 8 years ago when we got married. Needless to say, it's time for some updates! Little items and some big items.

So, it is my goal to make a plan to get my home done. My goal will be to go through all rooms one by one and have it finished by Thanksgiving. Anyone want to join me???

No comments:

Post a Comment