Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Protection

Last night I was scared out of my mind for only a few seconds before I realized I was still alive and everything was ok. I was driving home on I69 last night while talking to Jeff on my cell. Nothing out of the ordinary except for traffic was a little heavier than it normally is when I drive home on Monday evenings. Of course its dark out and as I'm passing a semi (with cars behind me) and talking to Jeff on my cell (one hand on the wheel) I all of a sudden come upon a huge tire in the middle of my lane. For a second I see myself spinning out of control and I gasp. I really had no time to react but simply run over it. It must have been perfectly placed underneath my car becuase as I ran over it my car lifted off the road (going 70 mph) and it was over and I continued driving as if nothing happened. Of course at this point my mind is going faster than my car and I'm running through all the possiblities that "could have been."

I'm thankful for those times that the Lord's hand of protection is so evident. I can literally say that my car ran over that tire as smoothly as it could have. I have no doubt that angels were steering while panic overtook me for the second I ran over it. I love the verse and take comfort in the verse in Psalms...."For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways..." Psalm 91:11

Hours later I'm still thinking about all the possibilities....I could have swerved into the ditch or semi at 70 mph....what if the opposite lane would have been open and I swerved into it while my tire ran over the huge object in the middle of the road instead of going between my tires. The tragic possibilities are endless but I serve the Lord who protects. Thank you, Lord, for protecting when we don't even see danger ahead. Thank you for protecting in the moments that I don't even know or recognize your protection surrounds me becuase the danger is hidden from me.

I did have Jeff check under the car last night and there was some minor damage done that won't need to be fixed (I hope). Hoping that we won't run into problems this week but thankful that my life was spared and the lives of those around me.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I am so glad that you are ok. That is the kind of stuff that absolutely terrifies me! Again, I am so glad that it turned out ok. You are always in my thoughts and prayers!
    Love Ya!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete