Wondering what evidence of the Holy Spirit is in a 5 year old? Me too! I got to see it today.
I love the drive to school in the mornings becuase it gives the Lord space in our life. I take the scripture to heart that tells us parents to talk about the Lord to our children day, night, when we sit at home, walk along the road (I intrepret this as riding in the car in our present time), lie down and get up. I don't plan these conversations but they somehow always come up by the kids. I try to make it a part of our daily conversation to talk about the Lord so that its comfortable for the kids to talk about him.
Well, today Isaac said, "Mom, would you pray that Jesus would come into my heart?" I said, "Isaac, you don't have to ask him again. We've already prayed for Jesus to be in your heart but we can pray that the Holy Spirit would help you. Jesus gives us the gift of the Holy Spirit when we ask Him into our heart." He said, "ok, mom, would you pray that for me with your eyes open while we drive?" "And Mom, would you ask him to help me not be mean." So, I prayed for the Holy Spirit to be evident in Isaac's life and help him to love others, especially his brother.
After I dropped him off to school I didn't think about this conversation again. I didn't even think about it while the kids were getting along exceptionally well and I was telling Jeff how our afternoon had gone. Isaac had made a "to do" list (poor kid is being influenced by his mother who is crazy organized at times). The list contained these words he asked me to write: shapes, BINGO, craft, playdough, necklace, puppet show. As it reads, he chose these activites to do with Kaleb and they went right down the list and checked them off as they played. Never once did they fight (which NEVER happens!) Jeff laughed and said "what did you do to deserve this kind of treatment today?"
During supper I praised Isaac for being such a good helper and making good choices this afternoon. He said, "Mom, I was nice to Kaleb!" It was as though the light went on in my head. I said, "Isaac do you know why??" He said, "Yep, I prayed for the Holy Spirit!" Yay, what a huge blessing to witness as a mother today!
No comments:
Post a Comment