Saturday, October 1, 2011

In My Life This Week



In My Life This Week....
We were sick.  :(  From Monday - today (Saturday).  Today is looking better, though.  Poor Isaac has strep. 

In Our Homeschool This Week....
We were in survival mode.  There was no routine because of the above.  No one felt good but we pushed through to finish our lessons.  You are probably thinking we should have just taken a sick day but we have a 2 week break scheduled in just another week.  We are pushing to get to use that full 2 weeks that are planned instead of having to "make up" a day.  

Helpful Homeschooling Tips or Advice to Share...
It really is ok to just get lessons done when life is crazy or there is sickness.  Nothing fancy, just the basics this week. 

Places We are Going and People We are Seeing...
Last weekend we spent an evening with Jeff's family.  

We did manage to get to the boys' first P.E. class this week (pocket of time that Isaac was feeling ok and I managed to get out of the house).

I will tell you what we missed....Wednesday night church, worship team practice (for me which means I don't lead on Sunday), Fall party with the worship arts ministry, lunch at Jeff's parents, evening party at my Grandma's.  Now some of these things were scheduled at the same time so we were going to have to choose anyways but we sure did miss out on some fun things!  

My Favorite Thing This Week Was...
Finding Pinterest and spending lots of time on it while I lay in bed.  If you haven't discovered this yet, it's amazing!  Trying to figure out how to describe it is hard but its like a crazy massive amount of ideas you get from fashion to recipes, etc.  What I have loved is finding project ideas to organize and simplify stuff at home, awesome recipes and incredible make your own gift ideas.  You have to have an invite to check it out, so send me your email and I'll invite you!    

Questions/Thoughts I have...
Simplifying my life


I'm Grateful for....  
Getting my son into the doc right before closing on a Friday night to get him some medicine before the weekend


Books I'm Reading...
Success Is Not An Accident by Tommy Newberry
The boys and I finished My Father's Dragon.  Cute book.  
Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick

New Project....
Going to make applesauce for the first time today!

2 comments: