Posting this a few days late since I was gone this weekend....I was hoping to post pics but its just not going to happen this week.
In My Life Last Week....
I was in prep mode, spending lots of hours preparing for our 2nd semester of school. In Our Homeschool This Week....
We were still on fall break. Nothing too exciting. Just stayed home to prepare.
Helpful Homeschooling Tips or Advice to Share...
I am ok with switching curriculum after our first semester. Yes, it does feel like I'm "wasting" money but one class was just not challenging Isaac enough so I bit the bullet and bought new. I asked a fellow mom who homeschools if she feels like she is constantly spending money. She said that while she does feel like she spends money a lot, she has always said she wouldn't feel bad about it if she was at or under what she would pay for her kids to have a private education. She said she is way under that! That did help me put things into perspective to know that my hard work is giving my kids a quality education since the Lord has blessed my business to pay for most of the curriculum so far.
Places We are Going and People We are Seeing...
Last weekend we spent an evening with our small group and I forgot to take pictures!
I also got to spend an amazing 24 hours up at Potawatomi Inn up north. It's such a beautiful place. I had a business retreat while Jeff and the boys got to enjoy the amenities of the Inn and park.
My Favorite Thing This Week Was...
Questions/Thoughts I have...
Wondering how to teach my kids why we don't participate in Halloween without them judging others who do. I know, a touchy subject that I won't elaborate on for now. However, when Jeff and I married we made a choice that our family would not participate in Halloween and the boys have been asking lots of questions this year.
I'm Grateful for....
Wisdom the Lord bestows on us when we simply ask. Even though I can't possibly figure everything out, He gives me a peace and reassurance when I simply ask.
Books I'm Reading....
I leafed through several homeschooling books this past week but nothing worth referring to anyone.
Wondering how to teach my kids why we don't participate in Halloween without them judging others who do. I know, a touchy subject that I won't elaborate on for now. However, when Jeff and I married we made a choice that our family would not participate in Halloween and the boys have been asking lots of questions this year.
I'm Grateful for....
Wisdom the Lord bestows on us when we simply ask. Even though I can't possibly figure everything out, He gives me a peace and reassurance when I simply ask.
Books I'm Reading....
I leafed through several homeschooling books this past week but nothing worth referring to anyone.
Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick
I am also going to say that I've been watching a favorite movie of mine during down time called The Christmas Card. It's one of those silly hallmark movies but I sure do love it!
New Project....
Need to figure out one!
Need to figure out one!
No comments:
Post a Comment