I've adopted the term "slaying giants" as a giant in your life that keeps you from being who God created you to be. It can be the fear of failure, rejection, success or anything in your life that you constantly avoid or fear. Our household is on a journey to slay some giants in our lives.
I have decided that I am tired of feeling tired and defeated during my day. I am becoming more disciplined and putting into practice skills that help me stay on track in a day. I'm also asking the Lord to give me a positive attitude and strength. Since then I have broken records in my business and continue to see fruit of my discipline! It's been quite exciting! The things that have always held me back are things I'm breaking through and defeating! So many things still on my list but my belief barrier has widen and I believe in what the Lord can do in my life as He continues to stretch me.
My son is also slaying giants in his life. He brought home a test that he scored 100% on. He's never done this before. He excitedly handed it to me with a big smile on his face. I praised him for working so hard to do his very best. He said, "Mom, I never thought I could do it!" Wow, the power of his words broke my heart. As his mom, I want to breathe belief into him so much so that he confidently knows it. This week he slayed a giant in his life and now he knows that he can work hard and reap rewards.
His words also reminded me of myself. How many times I tell the Lord I'm not good enough for what He wants me to do. I'm sure the Lord's heart breaks every time I don't believe in what He can do in me.
What giant would you like to slay in your life?
There is so much in my life I can't do - God is the one who is going to have to make it happen!
ReplyDelete