I've just got to put into words my experience last night, but I don't even know that I can come close! A group of 50 of us Life Church family members went to the Chris Tomlin concert last night. I know there was more there, but we had a block of 50 tickets together.
It's been a busy week like normal and I was kind of thinking I would just rather stay home for the evening. It was a crazier Wednesday than normal and I was tired! However, I knew it would be a powerful night. Powerful night feels like an understatement.
To experience worship with thousands of others, is quite amazing. We don't go to tons of concerts but we've been to a few. This was a worship concert! There was no advertising, simply music and worship. All powerful songs. I was thinking that as great as this experience is, it really doesn't even compare to the worship we will experience around throne of God.
We've also heard Louie Giglio's teaching before but WOW again! The way the Lord uses him to teach just makes you love the Lord even more. He talked about how our worship joins in creation's worship. I have never thought about creation's worship but he gave us some pretty amazing examples of animals and stars expressing their worship for their creator. See, they don't know any different. They simple do what they've been created to do. This thought came to me last night, "do I purposefully bring glory and worship to the Lord simply by my daily, every day actions? Is that my focus for the day?"
Wow, this morning I feel empowered, encouraged, filled up....the list could go on as these words don't seem like even the right ones to describe what the Lord did to me last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment