Monday, March 7, 2011

Change is happening

I can't really explain what the Lord is doing in my life right now but I'm changing. Stress and worry are negative factors in my life that slow me down, keeping me from being who God wants me to be. All I know is that the last 2 weeks, life has been crazy but I have not been! It's so weird. The Lord is finally getting through to me in areas. For many years I have tried to change myself only to fail miserably. The guilt and condemnation would nearly strangle me. What I've found different now is that I let the Lord do His work, without my help. Surrendering to Him is what it is all about. I know I've got a long way to fully surrender, but little by little, He's changing me.

I truly believe a lot came out of 3 months of sickness straight. During this time I couldn't do what I wanted to do. I got angry, frustrated, and questioned what the Lord was doing. I told a leadership team I'm a part of recently that my biggest strength is being organized and on top of things but it can also be my greatest weakness. It means that I have a hard time being flexible. Well, flexibility is what I have had to practice the most the last 3 months. Now, I truly believe the Lord was molding me during that time. I'm thankful that through the hard and frustrating times, fruit can still grow!

I also can't discount that the last 2 weeks have also been weeks that I have totally rested on Sundays. We do very little time on the computer (if at all) and only watch 1 movie as a family. It is truly relaxing and quiet on Sundays at our home. Since then, I've seen a change in my life as well. I can't help but wonder if I'm seeing the true fruit of rest.

1 comment:

  1. great! i'm so glad you feel that you are learning things you have wanted to and finding peace in what God is doing in your life - even though you don't always understand what it is! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete