I'm always excited to enter into a new year. I love to set goals so here's some things I'd like focus on in 2013...
Spiritual
Dissecting scripture daily by sticking to a reading plan
Intentionally listen to worship music on a daily basis to start my day with worship
Continue working through my reading wish list which is here. Many of these are just books I've heard of that I think sound interesting or go with my goals for the year. There's really not a ton of thought into these other than books I want keep in mind when I'm ready to read. I don't do a lot of fiction reading anymore but choose to read books that help me in my walk with Christ, as a wife, mother and friend.
Jeff
More intentional dating/quality time together - 2 date nights out & 2 date nights in each month, alternating based on our schedule
One overnight before baby
Physical
Exercise 4-5 times a week (alternating between swimming and pregnancy yoga)
Continue eating wholesome food that the Lord designed our bodies to run off of - try a new veggie and fruit each month. I'm such a picky eater so this is going to stretch me along with Jeff and the boys!
Drink 64 oz of water each day
Boys
Monthly date days alternating between me and Jeff each month so each boy gets one on one time with one of us each month. This will especially be important when their world is rocked with a little baby that will take more of my time.
Once a week of "Mom Time" at home - 30 min of an activity of their choice to do with mom alone
Teach & model quiet time with the Lord
Family vacation before baby
Baby
Get re-acquainted with this season again & thoroughly enjoy it!!
Exclusively breastfeed & not prematurely introduce food until baby's body is ready instead of going with the flow of culture and what I did in the past with the boys
Learn how to make our own baby food
Considering cloth diapering....not a for sure yet!
Homeschool
Now that we are getting this down, begin adding in enrichment & elective courses in the afternoons. Already have Music theory and Drawing classes scheduled for January! Excited to explore the arts with the them.
Relationships
Go to lunch or brunch with a special woman, friends or sibling/family once a month - stay connected with the women in my life
Plan 6 relationship building opportunities for our church small group
Make space in my schedule to mentor and be mentored when the opportunity presents itself
Home
Here's my 2013 wish list for projects - Wish List
Staying faithful to my daily chores so our home always feels like a place of refuge and comfort, especially when hubby comes home from work
What are goals you'd like to work on in 2013?
Cloth really isn't that bad! You can do it. :) And if you use prefolds and covers instead of fancy diapers, you can save $2,000. We did cloth with Jordyn until she ate solids and started getting horrible rashes. Knowing what we know now about her allergies, we could have kept with cloth longer, though. (She was actually allergic to the lanolin on the wool diaper covers!)
ReplyDelete