So many days Jeff and I just admire my growing belly and ask ourselves over and over again if this is real. We understand what a true miracle and blessing this journey truly is. Here's some funny things the boys have said to me...
Kaleb -
"Mom you're getting chunky! The baby's growing!"
"I'm positive this is a girl."
"Mom, I wish I could see inside your belly button because then I could see the baby's cord. Then if the cord is see through, I could see the baby!"
"I love you baby!" as he snuggles up to my belly several times a day.
Isaac -
Every few days he'll come up to me and say, "Mom, you look pregnant!"
Today he's like, "Geesh, Mom, you are getting big!"
Jeff -
He suddenly realized that I was sporting a nice baby bump but the words came out as "Whoa! You look majorly pregnant!" We both laughed knowing that this isn't anything yet!
| 13 Weeks |
14 weeks also hit 2nd trimester and my body must have gotten the memo. During this week I started to have some really good days with fewer and fewer yucky days. We also chose the doula we will have present at our birth. We are very excited to learn more and more about natural, drug free deliveries and line up the support we feel will help us carry out our birth plans. Of course the Lord is the ultimate one in charge and we are seeking His guidance in our plans. I'll save our birth stories/plans that didn't really go as we wanted for the boys for another time. I'm excited to go about this pregnancy with a new approach.
Week 15 was yet another great week of feeling stronger and better. I went from 24/7 nausea to slowly working my way down to only a few hours each day. Even those few hours are much milder than what I was experiencing. So very thankful for this change! I am able to cook dinner and eat it with my family! A huge blessing I took for granted prior to dealing with weeks of terrible evening sickness.
I am loving this stage of pregnancy. I love watching my growing belly and I love seeing my boys get so excited about baby's arrival. So blessed!
| A few days shy of 16 weeks |
No comments:
Post a Comment